Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Casio Fiasco

If you read my earlier post you know I'm having trouble with my Casio camera. Well after several days of trying to actually speak with someone from Casio in Canada I have been informed warranty does not apply because they think the camera was "bumped". I tried to pin him down on just what "bumped means and why that would void warranty but it was like pulling teeth. They did a firmware update and returned it without any explanation So I am now stuck with a camera that reads "Lens Error #2" and takes blurry pictures. Apparently as explained to me by a fellow from Casio Canada the camera is considered fixed even while still displaying an error. I was told in no uncertain terms that nothing else will be done. While I enjoyed the camera while it worked I will never buy another Casio based on the two month fiasco I just went through. Sometimes your the windshield some times your the bug. I'm a firm believer in voting with my wallet.

No comments: