Friday, May 09, 2008

Puppy Linux 4.0 "Dingo"

It's confirmed. This little Distro has to be the most fun I have ever had with Linux. It has booted on anything I have ever tried it on. My latest is installing it to a 1 gig SD card. It is extremely fast and the latest incarnation is under 90 megs. This includes the OS and all the basic software to get going. And if your looking for something a bit flashier. There are a multitude of variants. I just loaded a Version call "Fire Hydrant" There are four variations. The one I chose was about 200 megs complete with Java and Flash. It looks great and performed very well. If speed is your thing then try a version of Puppy Linux. The OS runs from ram, if you have over 128meg. And it flies. Also give Teenpup 2008 a look. It has everything but the kitchen sink and weighs in around 500megs.

No comments: