Sunday, November 06, 2005

Bears & Stuff

My day at work was over and I had just gotten off the bus. A quick descent down 54 stairs into the trailer park. I was ajusting my Mp3 player when I caught somthing out of the corner of my eye in yard 6 ft. to my left. At first I thought it was a dog and then quikly realized that it was way too big. I stopped to see what it was and to my amazment a medium sized black bear stood on his hind legs with one paw on the tree beside him and growled at me..... It took a moment to register what I was looking at. At that point I decided that eye contact was not the best idea. I started to walk down the road away from the bear and reached for my cell. And called 911. To my suprise they gave me a number for animal control which I called. By this time I was standing about 100 ft. from where I had first seen the bear. I looked back to see him looking at me as he crossed the street tot he next house. Animal control put me on hold for about 5-10 minutes and then gave a chat about garbage and the like. To my suprise they where not prepared to send someone to catch or even to investigate. How about that eh?

No comments: